The Competition event welcomed 150 senior executives from the American and Israeli water industry on December 18, 2012 in Tel Aviv, and the following highlights took place:
- Congratulations to TACount, named “Winner” of the Competition.
- Congratulations to HydroSpin, named “Top Prospect” of the Competition.
- The Israeli Office of Chief Scientist and Massachusetts Clean Energy Center jointly announced a new grant program for
commercial R&D of water technology.
- Israeli water tech company Desalitech announced its global expansion,
and selection of Massachusetts as its US headquarters.
For full details, see the news release of that day.
The W.E.T Revolution Competition is:
- a business competition for Israeli water technology companies that are ready or planning to expand into the North American market, and…
- a networking event for American and Israeli water technology executives and investors.
32 Israeli water tech companies applied to enter the Competition. An expert panel of application reviewers chose 6 finalists and 7 semi-finalists. These finalists made their best pitches to the audience and a distinguished team of judges on December 18 in Tel Aviv. The judges selected the winner that day who best demonstrates a solid business plan, a strong management team, compelling technology, financing, and customer traction. Among the semi-finalists, one was announced as the “Top Prospect” for future growth.
The winner received a basket of valuable prizes including airfare and hotel accommodations for the CEO to visit Massachusetts and its global water innovation cluster in spring 2013 for pre-arranged meetings with potential investors, channel partners, customers, government officials, and business partners. Applicants selected as finalists also received prize recognition.
Congratulations to all award winners in the Competition!